Saturday, December 21, 2013

Toasted Almond Broccoli Soup

Today I am here to share a simple, tasty and healthy soup recipe- without using oil or butter. I adopted this recipe from a recipe book that came along with my new blender. As I was scanning through the recipes, the almond broccoli soup caught my attention. I quickly rushed through the details and was excited to make it immediately. The original recipe had zucchinis; I omitted it due to lack of resource. I have never tasted or tried soups with toasted nuts- trust me! this soup was awesome(with the roasted almond flavour).


Ingredients
Almonds- 1/3 cup
Broccoli florets - 4 cups
Vegetable broth- 3 cups
salt and black pepper to taste

Method
  • Steam the broccoli florets and set aside.
  • Preheat the oven to 350 F. Blend the almonds in a blender for 30 seconds and toast them in the oven for 5 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
  • Leave 2 tablespoons of almond meal for garnishing; bring all the ingredients together in a blender and grind them to a smooth consistency.
  • Garnish with the toasted almond meal.
* Dry roasting on a low flame would be an alternative to toasting in oven. Saute them frequently for even toasting.

1 comment:

  1. Great recipe, very healthy and seems delicious! I´ll prepare it soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your valuable comments.If you have any questions or comments you can also personally wrtie to me at akarmafood@gmail.com