Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Bread (cubed and slightly fried) - 2 slices
Cashewnuts- 5-6, slightly fried
Cinnamon stick - 1 piece
Cloves- 3 no
Coconut fresh - 6-7 tbsp
Coriander seeds - 1tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Ginger - 1''
Green Chillies- as required
Mixed vegetables- Available ones like carrot, beans, cauliflower, peas, potato etc
Soya Chunks- 8-10 pieces (boiled till soft)
1. Wash rice and soak well for 5-10 minutes. Keep aside
2. Dry roast Cinnamon, Coriander seeds, and Cloves.
3. In a grinder, make a fine paste of ginger, cloves, cinnamon, coriander seeds, green chillies, coconut and keep aside.
4. In a pressure cook, heat oil, and add cumin seeds. And then add the ground paste and fry for a minute. Now add the vegetables and fry well so that the veggies are well coated with the paste.
5. Add soya chunks and mix well. Add salt. All this should be done on low heat.
6. Add soaked rice and cook (pressure cook)
7. When rice is prepared, add fried bread and cashews and mix well.
8. Serve hot with cucumber raita.